Monday, November 12, 2007

Social Networks and Security


Now the Internet is actively being developed social networks. People like to stay there, being there for a long hours communicating, finding new/old friends. This is fine, but in my opinion the time had come to think about what we publish on the Internet and imagine what it might lead.

For example, take the site odnoklassniki.ru. Great project has helped to find my classmates and co-workers. There you can post pictures, say where you studied, worked and served. I do not sign up there despite requests from friends, but recently decided to try. I must to said that is very sustains. On the site there is an opportunity to tell all about my friend's. There's enough just to that guy agreed to this. You send him invitation and if he accepted it, everyone can saw your friend and who is your friend's friends. As stated in the adage: "Say me who's your friend and I will say to you who you are." But let us look at this from the other side.

Despite the fact that I have recently replaced my corporate phone, I had twice called strange people, the dialogue was this:
- Hi, it's Mike!
- Who is Mike?
- Now that you do not hear, that's right?
- No. And what surname?
- Well, it's me, Mike!
- What is your surname?
Put the phone.

Many have already heard about telephone frauds. When a man asks to call and presented his friend. For example, parents call and say that their son shot down the right, and you need to drive and take a pledge. And this is only one of the scenarios.

As for the information in fact provide odnoklassniki.ru when allowed to see all your friends? Invaluable! Now you will call and provided the correct last name, or even know biography. But in odnoklassniki.ru good database: Parts military officers, military schools. All this you can see one query. And, for example, that the sample is Military Commissariat do on all graduates of this school year? Find evaded conscription, all his friends to know and make an operation. That's great.

I do not understand why all can see my friends on odnoklassniki.ru. I do not understand at all why people publish this list to your friends in the whole world. This is personal information. I do not want to publish it.

I called various members of advertising agencies by offering something. I asked, and where they learned my phone, and they were told that saw the announcement of my speech on the Internet, a name and place of work is to find a working phone and call-awaited technology.

In the end, reverting to social networks, it is understandable that our relationship with each other is valuable information that we need to preserve and protect, and we take and publish it. We should at least have the right to share this information only elected. At sites with pictures already have such opportunities in the form of access passwords secret and special links.

When the list of my friends for a few days came to 30 people on odnoklassniki.ru, I think over all of this. As a result, I have removed all friends from odnoklassniki.ru for my safety and for their safety. Let my list of friends remain in the head. Moreover, for quick access to the correct person odnoklassniki.ru have a "Favorite" button.

This is my opinion, it may seem to you wrong. Answer a question on the meaning of the entire web to tell their friends and take a decision.

BDV

No comments: